Frequently Asked Questions

What are the benefits of a transactions account?

Your transactions account enables you to make online donations without having to enter your profile information each time. You can view your giving history and easily update your address and other profile information. Your transactions account will work at the WELS and WELS ministerial education school Web sites. Finally, your transactions account enables us to process your transactions with greater efficiency and accuracy.

To register, login and then select "New User Registration."

Can an organization submit gifts via these online donation pages, e.g., via a credit card issued to a church treasurer, school principal, etc.? Similarly, can an organization sign up for a transactions account?

Our donation pages allow us to credit online gift transactions only to an individual’s record in our database, not an organization’s record. There’s also a restriction that allows only individuals (not organizations) to register for an online transactions account. If you need to use your organization’s credit card to make a gift on behalf of your organization, please do so by calling us at 262 242-8100. That way we can direct the gift onto your organization’s record in our database. If you have questions, feel free to contact the seminary.

I don't use U.S. currency. How can I make a gift?

This site uses U.S. currency, so you'll need to convert your currency to U.S. dollars. A currency converter is available on the XE Web site.

I live outside the US and state/province is a required field on the donation form. I’m not sure if my state/province is in the dropdown list. What should I do?

The state/province dropdown list displays abbreviations sorted alphabetically within the following ordered groups:

1. US states

2. US territories

3. US military

4. Canadian provinces

5. Canadian territory

6. Other states/provinces that have been requested by previous donors

To check if the name of your state/province is represented by one of the abbreviations at the end of the list, please refer to this table in PDF format. If you do not find your state/province in the table, please contact us or call 262-242-8100. We can help you make your gift by phone and/or work with you to get your state/province listed online.

I am a WELS called worker or a called worker’s spouse. Why can’t I use my transactions account to update my profile information?

As a WELS called worker, you are asked each summer to submit personal information which, among other things, is used to update the WELS Yearbook. The information you submit is stored in a WELS called worker database. For called worker convenience and data efficiency, some of this information (name, address, home phone, e-mail address, birthdate, marital status, spouse information, and WELS congregation) gets imported into the “My Profile” fields in your transactions account. In other words, in order for your profile information to be updated here, the WELS called worker database needs to be updated first. We prefer that you call 800-827-5482 or contact WELS to make it clear that your intention is to change the WELS called worker database. With that understanding your updates can be processed in both the called worker database and your transactions account on your behalf.

What if the gift designation I’m looking for isn’t listed?

If you do not see the gift designation you’re looking for, please call us at 262-242-8100  to confirm the availability of the designation and proceed with your gift.

Can I make gifts to multiple designations within one transaction?

Yes, you can give to multiple designations within one transaction. After choosing your first gift amount and designation, click the "Add donation" button. Then repeat these steps to enter another gift amount and designation as part of the current transaction. 

What happens if I mark the “I prefer to make this donation anonymously” checkbox?

A gift acknowledgment will automatically be e-mailed shortly after you submit the transaction. After year’s end, you will receive an annual gift statement to use for tax purposes. The gift record will be marked anonymous when credited to your account in the donor database. If you are new to us and mark the “anonymous” checkbox for this gift, you will not receive our mailings. If you are already in our database and would like to update your mailing options, please see that FAQ below. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 262-242-8100.

How can I update my mailing options?

We like to inform all supporters about WELS ministry and needs via both mail and e-mail. In addition, if you are a supporter of a WELS ministerial education school you may receive periodic communications from that school. If you would like to be excluded from any of the above mailings, please contact us or call 262-242-8100.

How do I adjust my recurring gift?

If you would like to change the gift amount, designation, or end date of your recurring gift, please call us at 262-242-8100 and we will be happy to assist you.